Wills, Contracts, IP & PPSA Roundup
In August 2021, the federal government commenced its consultation process on proposed amendments intended to strengthen the unfair contract terms provisions in the Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Securities Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth). Changes proposed include expanding the regime to a broader range of business contracts; the introduction of civil penalty provisions and additional remedies; and the creation of a rebuttable presumption that similar terms to those declared unfair are also unfair.
- Analyse the likely implications of these legislative reforms
- Practical guidance on issues to consider when drafting contracts
- Strategies to minimise the risk of falling afoul of the strengthened provisions
Presented by Sarida Derrington, Barrister, 31 West Chambers
3.15pm to 4.15pm PPSA: Updates & Practical Strategies
- PPSA overview & update
- Issues for secured parties covering creation, perfection and enforcement
- Be fast and not furious: don’t lose your Ferrari!
- Case law update
Presented by Lynne Walton, Founder and CEO, Accessii Group